Wednesday, July 24, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 1 Days 16 and 17...Breakfast Pizza

Sorry again for combining two days in one post, but I really want to make these worth reading.  I also really like to include pictures, so since I didn't have any from yesterday, I decided to wait and write all of it for today.  But let's start with day 16.

Day 16's workout is for Back and Biceps and is as follows:

  • Hammer Strength Lat Pull: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Seated Narrow Grip Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • T-Bar Row, also known as a Long Bar Row: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Back Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps (These were killer after the Single Leg Deadlifts from Monday!)
  • Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Incline Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Alternate Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
I was so excited after I finished this workout, because I could actually see my biceps without bending my arms!  I love when the muscles get swollen like that!  I'm becoming such a gym rat, if I wasn't already! :)

I spent the rest of my day yesterday with friends watching 3D movies.  I planned ahead and brought my own food, knowing that I wanted to stick to the plan.  My friends got two $5 Little Caesar's pizzas, and I had my bright yellow lunchbox!  I love that my friends were not even surprised at all that I brought my own lunchbox full of food.  I brought 2 slices of Carrot Cake Protein Bars from my last post, a protein shake made with Body Fortress vanilla creme whey and unsweetened almond milk, 4 oz. of baked chicken breast, and green beans.  I ended up staying longer than I thought though and didn't bring enough food!  It got to 9:00 PM, which was time for my evening snack, and I was all out of food!  But my friends are awesome and took me on a Wal-Mart trip to get me a pint of Arctic Zero Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream.  Now this really hit the spot for me last night.  Arctic Zero tastes guilty, but it is lactose free, gluten free, and low calorie.  I can eat the entire pint for only 150 calories, and it's made with whey protein!

I am so thankful to my friends for allowing me to follow this lifestyle.  They joked about the pizza, but they were all very supportive!

Now for day 17.  To begin with, my workout today was Chest and Triceps.

  • Wide Push-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Flat Bench Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Decline Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Bench Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Lying EZ-Bar Tricep Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Overhead Two Handed Tricep Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Cable One Arm Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
There were a lot of workouts in this exercise set that I had seen people do in the gym but hadn't tried myself.  The Flat Bench Flyes and Decline Flyes were awesome, because gravity was working against me to pull the weights down as I was trying to pull them up.

I felt freaking awesome after this workout.  I have been in such a good mood lately!  I am no where near where I want to be with my ideal body and fitness goals, but I am happy and loving life.  I had someone today tell me my shoulders were looking more muscular, which is awesome!  I love that I am starting to see results!  Yes there are still things in my life that I would change, like a full time job, my own place or a relationship, but nothing can bring me down, and life is good!

I've talked enough about workouts and my good mood, on to better subjects: food!!

After seeing all of that pizza my friends ate last night, I wanted some myself, but some that wouldn't break my diet.  Therefore, I decided to make a healthy breakfast pizza!  I'll list my ingredients, but you can top it with any vegetables, eggs or meats that you want.

Ingredients:
1 La Tortilla Factory Low Carb High Fiber wrap
Pam olive oil spray
Garlic Powder
Oregano
6 T liquid egg whites
1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 c Hunts diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 oz. Mt. Olive's jalapenos
2 slices of Go Veggie! provolone cheese

Saute the yellow peppers and cook the eggs in a pan with your spices on the stove top.  While this is cooking, spray a cookie tray and both sides of the wrap with the Pam olive oil spray and place on tray.  Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder on the top of the wrap and smash the 1/2 c of diced tomatoes on it, just like pizza sauce.  Once the eggs and peppers are cooked, add this to the pizza too.  Add the jalapenos and cheese as well.  Sprinkle a little bit of oregano on top.
Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 5-7 minutes.  I cooked mine for 7, but the edges of the wrap were extremely crispy.
It's no Little Caesar's, but it fixed my craving!
This wasn't really a pizza I could pick up with my hands and had to eat it with a fork, but this was still so good!  If you are a pizza lover like I am, then I would definitely try this recipe!!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment