As I mentioned in my last post, today was leg day, one of two for the week. I absolutely love lifting for legs, because it is the strongest part of my body due to many years of cheerleading and gymnastics. The following is the phase 1 leg day for weeks 3 and 4 of the trainer:
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Wide Stance Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps (These are my absolute favorite!)
- Walking Barbell Lunge: 3 sets of 10 reps (I used two dumbbells rather than a barbell.)
- Single-Leg Kettlebell Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps on each leg (I have never done these before, but they definitely worked my hamstrings like no tomorrow!)
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
I hadn't planned on Zumba, but my mom said she was teaching tonight. So I went to support her. Plus what's a little ass shaking going to hurt?! :)
Today was also meal prep day. I made the usual chicken, brown rice, and veggies for lunches and dinners.
|All of my meals|
1 c oat flour
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/8 t allspice (I used Pumpkin Pie Spice.)
1/8 t nutmeg
4 egg whites
3/4 c Splenda, Stevia, Truvia, or Ideal
8 oz. baby food carrots
4 oz. water (Optional-I did not need it.)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together flour, protein powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together egg whites, sweetener, baby food carrots, and water if necessary. I would suggest waiting to add the water to see if you even need it. Next, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. I used a hand mixer to make sure it really combined well. Spray an 8 x 8 dish with Pam or some other non-stick spray, and pour batter into dish.
Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine only took 20 minutes, but every oven varies.
|Cake! Cake! Cake!|
0.7 grams of fat
6.4 grams of carbs
1.1 grams of dietary fiber
0.6 grams of sugar
6 grams of protein
Do yourself a favor, and make these, especially if you're addicted to super expensive protein bars and broke like me!