Friday, July 12, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 1 Day 5

Today was a rough day!  I did not eat any of my pre-prepped meals for lunch or dinner, because nothing sounded good to me at all.   But let's start at the beginning!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty awesome.  Although I had planned on only weighing myself at the start of every week, I was really curious this morning and decided to weigh myself unofficially just to see.  I had lost 3.6 pounds in just 4 days!  I'm sure most of that is just residual water weight, but it means I'm on track to meet my goals.  I was getting sick of oatmeal for breakfast, so last night I decided that I'd make an egg scramble sandwich with Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain bread, which is on Jamie Eason's list of good starches!  I absolutely love this bread.  It is 80 calories a slice, 15 grams of carbs with 3 of those grams being dietary fiber,and 4 grams of protein.  This stuff is nutrition dense and absolutely delicious.  I am already planning on having the Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread for tomorrow's breakfast!  I'm definitely going to be switching up my breakfasts a little bit more, because eggs and oatmeal get old real fast!  Plus I don't even like eggs.

Anywho, when next meal time came around, I was just not hungry at all.  Nothing sounded good, especially not the prepped chicken, rice, and snap peas I had in the fridge.  So I decided to have a Cookie Dough Quest bar instead.  If you haven't tried Quest bars, I highly suggest them.  I haven't found a flavor I don't like, and they are all natural and gluten free!

While savoring my delicious Quest bar, I found out I did not get the job I was hoping for, which is disappointing, BUT I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  There will be another opportunity right around the corner.  God has plans for me; I just haven't quite figured them out yet.  So in my state of sadness, I decided to eat another Quest bar.  My stomach did not like this idea.  I'm not sure why, and I don't think it has anything to do with the bars at all.  I've been getting weird dizzy spells and hot flashes about 2 times a week lately, and I'm thinking I'll probably go to the doctor soon.  Anyway, after that absolutely NOTHING sounded good to my stomach, but dad and I went grocery shopping for the family and next week's meal prep.  I found a new flavor of my favorite brand of healthy cereals that actually sounded good when I saw it on the shelf.  

EnviroKidz is an all natural, gluten and wheat free, organic company that makes cereals, granola and such.  I absolutely love their Peanut Butter Panda Puffs.  I cannot keep that stuff in the house.  I will eat it all in like a day!  But this cereal actually did not make me want to gag when thinking about eating it, so when we got home I had two servings with almond milk.  And it didn't make me sick!!!  I was even able to eat a Brownie flavored Quest bar too.  I made sure I ate the cereal before 7:00 PM to abide by Jamie's no starches after 7 rule, so technically I did not break my diet too badly.  I would not say that I was perfect on my diet today though.  
Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

However, there was one really awesome thing that happened today that I'm really excited about.....my Polar watch came in the mail!!!!
These little fitness beauties measure your heart rate through a monitor worn on your chest and calculate calorie burn during a workout session, and they are very accurate!  I'm so stoked to get to try mine.  My brother and I will most likely move our hike to tomorrow when I get off work, so I'll be using it during that!!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment