Thursday, July 25, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 1 Day 18 and Pro Yo

I cannot believe this page has almost reached 1500 views!  Thank you guys so much for reading!

Today was leg day again, and while I absolutely love leg day, I was still sore from Monday's workout!  But once I got started, my legs just seemed to work themselves out of their soreness and busted through an awesome workout!  It was the exact same as Monday, so check back to Day 15 for the workout.  However, today I was continuing my good mood of the last couple of days and wore one of my favorite old cheerleading shirts.  "We bust ours so we can kick yours."  I loved competitive cheerleading, because we seriously worked our asses off and left everything on the floor.  Now that I'm not competing, I try to do that with my workouts.  Except that now I'm not competing against another team, I'm competing against myself to be better than I was yesterday!

Some of you may be questioning why there are two leg days now, and this is one of the reasons why I love this trainer so much.  Jamie Eason chose to do legs twice a week, because it is her weakest body part.  While legs are my strongest, they are still not where I want them to be, and I'm more interested in bettering my legs than having a crazy strong upper body, though I am seeing gains in that area as well.  This is also where you can adjust the trainer to your own needs.  Jamie says that if you prefer to work on Chest and Triceps more, for example, you can do that workout twice and simply move the others to different days of the week so that the two Chest and Triceps workouts are about 48 hours apart in order to give them time to rest and rebuild.

Anyway, my schedule today was basically eat, clean room, eat, clean car, eat, workout, eat, softball, eat, blog and finally bed.  I was really glad that with my day off I was able to get some basic things done.  I was even able to do a little shopping with my brother.  I bought a foam roller from Everything Surplus, which I am really excited about!

These are used to roll out your sore muscles after a workout.  My brother got one earlier in this summer, and I love laying down on it and rolling my back.  It just helps to get the uncomfortable knots out, and since I am trying to save up some money, I figured a foam roller was a much cheaper method than paying for a massage every month or so.

The other really awesome part of my day that doesn't really have anything to do with my own fitness was watching my church's softball team play a double header tonight.  My dad, brother, cousin, and some friends play on the team, and I cheer them on from the sidelines.  It's a men's league, so I can't play.  I still have a ton of fun watching them.  They almost won the first game and won the second.  I took some pictures to share just a little bit of what I do outside of the gym and the kitchen.


Finally, I ended an amazing day with my favorite bedtime healthy snack.  Pro-Yo!!!  If you know me, you know I have an addiction to frozen yogurt.  I just love that I can add a bunch of toppings to it rather than just having plain old ice cream.  Now I don't have a lot of toppings on my pro-yo usually, because I do eat it at the end of the day.  I use it to fill out my extra calories and get some good protein in before bed.  My recipe does change depending on what protein powder I use and what flavors I'm looking for.  I have made cookies and cream pro-yo, vanilla pro-yo, chocolate pro-yo, etc.  Tonight I went with Peanut Butter Pro-Yo with a chocolate chip and caramel syrup topping.

Ingredients:
1 c non fat plain Greek yogurt (I usually use Chobani.)
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (But you could use any flavor.)
2 T PB2
Splenda or Stevia to taste
1 T Enjoy Life Dairy, Soy and Nut Free Mini Chocolate Chips
Walden Farms Calorie Free Caramel Syrup

Mix the yogurt, protein powder, PB2 and sweetener in a bowl.  Once it was mixed well, I chose to mix in my chocolate chips, but you can choose to add these as a topping later rather than as a mix-in.  Freeze mixture for about 30 minutes.  Once it is frozen to the point where it is still somewhat soft, add other toppings like Walden Farms Caramel syrup.  I used the caramel syrup, because I ran out of the chocolate kind!

Looks delicious right?  This gives my sweet tooth what it wants without breaking my diet, so it is the perfect end to my day!

I am off to bed, bloggers!  Thanks again for reading!  I have one more day of workouts for week 3, then a restful weekend ahead before the last week of Phase 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment