Friday, July 19, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 1 Days 11 and 12

I have been doing this trainer for almost two weeks now, and I continuously have the urge to binge eat.  After a really awesome day on the lake, which I will get into later, I came home and basically ate all the food in the house.  Not all healthy choices either.  I was feeling really guilty about it, but I went back to the bodybuilding.com website, reviewed the trainer and read some articles.  I realized that even though I thought I was following the trainer's diet plan, I really wasn't.  I was too worried about keeping my calories under 1,200 and wasn't sufficiently fueling my body, which caused me to binge.  Therefore, I decided that I will continue to track what I eat, but I will not necessarily be counting my calories.  I will follow the trainer's diet plan more specifically.  It is a tried and true method, so I should trust it.  The Phase 1 diet plan for females is as follows:

Breakfast:
5 egg whites
Unlimited vegetables
1 serving starch (Ezekiel bread/wraps, oats, whole wheat pasta, potato, brown rice, rice cakes, chickpeas, beans, or quinoa)

Mid-morning:
Greek yogurt or protein shake or protein bar

Lunch:
Lean meat
Unlimited veggies
1 serving starch

Mid-afternoon:
Same as mid-morning

Dinner:
Lean meat
Unlimited veggies
1 serving starch

Evening:
5-6 egg whites
Unlimited veggies

**No starches after 7:00 PM or 3 hours before bedtime.
**Limit fruit to twice daily.

For motivation, I've also decided I need to read the trainer more often.  Jamie Eason has daily videos that I feel I need to watch in order to keep me on track.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, and Monday begins a new set of phase 1 workouts.  The new workouts are set on a 5 day split rather than a 4 day split with 2 leg days!!!  Ahhh!!!  The workouts look a lot tougher, and I'm looking forward to working my ass off.  I have 22 days until Warrior Dash, and my goal is to kick butt on my workouts and stick to my diet 99% of the time until then.  I would really like to make it to Warrior Dash without any cheats, then I can make that an epic cheat day!

Enough talking about the future, let's talk a little bit about the last two days.  Yesterday, I worked.  I was able to get through my Shoulder/Abs workout and about 10 minutes on the elliptical before I needed to deal with some important family stuff.  Today I spent the day on Lake Erie fishing with my dad.

I have been wanting to go walleye fishing on the lake for a while now and finally got a coinciding day off work to go.  My distant cousin Ross is a charter boat captain for Bigwater, and he took us out.
Captain Ross Robertson

With a lot of Ross's help, I was able to reel in a 12-plus pounder that was 31 inches long!  This thing was a tank!  I had so much fun, and I think I actually got a tan!
Still can't believe my hand was stuffed up in it's gill! 
Me and my Dad
That thing is looks like it's the size of me almost in this picture!

I realize fishing is not necessarily "food blog" related, but it was a pretty good workout and a ton of fun.  If you like fishing and are near Lake Erie, I would definitely check out Ross and Bigwater.  Also, I was starting to notice some thigh definition in this photos, which is pretty exciting.

I was going to go to the gym and run for a little bit, but I was so zapped from the sun that I had zero energy!  Tomorrow I am going to try to do some sort of cardio even though the trainer says it's a rest day, because what's a little cardio going to hurt, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment