Today was leg day again but a different workout from Wednesday. I chose to do lighter weights and not over stress my muscles, because I don't want to be sore for my race tomorrow! I still can't believe I will be racing in Warrior Dash tomorrow morning!
The second leg workout for Phase 2 is as follows:
- A superset of Seated Leg Curls at 3 sets of 10 reps and Leg Extensions at 3 sets of 10 reps
- A superset of Barbell Lunges at 3 sets of 20 reps and Abductor Machine at 3 sets of 20 reps
- A superset of Lying Leg Curls at 3 sets of 15 reps and Adductor Machine at 3 sets of 15 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Single Leg Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 10 reps (I chose to do this on the Smith Machine, because I didn't trust myself to do it free standing.)
- Leg Press (wide stance): 1 giant drop-set to failure (I ended up doing 30 at 200 lbs.)
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
Alright! Alright! Now for the moment you have all been waiting for: CAKE!!! This is what happens when I have crazy chocolate and peanut butter cravings (which is basically all the time), and I have free time to mess around in the kitchen. This recipe was inspired by Jamie Eason's Carrot Cake Protein Bars which I posted earlier. I adjusted the recipe to what I had in the house and what my taste buds wanted, which was a lot of chocolate!
1 c. oats
2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 c Stevia or other natural sweetener
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t sea salt
1 c canned pure pumpkin
3 T unsweetened cocoa powder
9 T liquid egg whites
1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
4 T Peanut Butter and Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, blend together all of the dry ingredients (oats, protein powder, Stevia, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt). Once mixed together thoroughly, add in canned pumpkin, egg whites and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Pour into a greased 9 x 9 dish.
Macros per 1 of 16:
2.3 grams of fat
7.1 grams of carbs
1.8 grams of dietary fiber
1.7 grams of sugar
6.5 grams of protein
I don't want to toot my own horn, but seriously make this cake! It is delicious, and you will think that you should feel guilty about eating it! But obviously there is no guilt in those macros!