Thursday, August 1, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 1 Day 25 and Protein Pudding

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love leg day!!  I did the same workout for legs as last week plus about an hour on the elliptical.  I still feel a little guilty about yesterday and for the few bites of jambalaya I ate while my turkey burger re-heated.  My daddy makes the best jambalaya in the world, and I just couldn't resist the spicy goodness.

I still felt pretty good most of the day though with all of the endorphins from leg day, and I got my hair done.  Back to being a redhead!

I also found and tested out an awesome new recipe today.  I found the original recipe from @youngnhealthy, but I adapted it to my liking.  If you know me, you know I have an issue with the texture of foods, and cottage cheese is one of the foods I tend to have issues with.  It's just something about chunky milky stuff that doesn't sound appetizing to me at all, but it is very good for you and high in protein, like Greek yogurt.  I use it in pancakes, because I can blend it all up and cover up the fact that it's chunky milk.  However, my mom was being nice and got me some cottage cheese at the grocery.  I felt bad that she bought it, and I was going to eat it.  But scrolling through Instagram, I saw youngnhealthy post a recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake, which used cottage cheese blended until smooth.  It looked delicious, so I figured why not try it.  I had all of the ingredients in my house!  I'm really glad I did, because it was awesome!

Ingredients:
1 c fat free cottage cheese
1/2 c pure pumpkin
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (originally the recipe called for sugarfree butterscotch pudding mix)
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
Stevia, to taste
All of the ingredients get blended together until smooth.  I used my single serve smoothie maker on my Ninja, and this stuff was thick!!  I would suggest filling the cup with the thickest ingredients first, because the blades will get slower with how thick it is.  This makes a lot of mixture and is very filling.  I would say it could serve 2-4 people.  I ate it in two servings and froze the second half to eat as ice cream at the end of the night.  It is delicious both ways.

I topped mine with a crushed 1/8 c of Envirokidz Koala Crisps and some sprinkled Stevia.  Youngnhealthy topped hers with some ginger snaps, but it would be good topped with crushed almonds or graham crackers too.  She also called it Pumpkin Cheesecake, which with a crust and chilled, it probably could be a cheesecake.  However, I think the way I made it, it's more like a protein pudding or protein ice cream!

Macros for whole mixture, without toppings:
340 calories
1.6 grams of fat
22.8 grams of carbs
5.8 grams of dietary fiber
13.5 grams of sugar
58.2 grams of protein

I will definitely be making this stuff again in probably a few variations until all that nasty cottage cheese is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment