Thursday, August 29, 2013

Chocolate Chip Blondies

I have never made or eaten blondies that I know of in my life, but I have always been curious.  I've seen a lot of recipes for them through fitness accounts and such on Instagram.  Many of them were fairly similar, so I kind of made my own based on the recipes I saw.  There is one more different blondie recipe that uses dates that I want to try eventually as well, but this one was extremely delicious!  It actually reminded me of the Jazzythings Chocolate Chip PB cookies from a previous post.

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/3 c natural peanut butter
1 egg
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/3 c sugar free maple syrup (I used Walden Farms pancake syrup.)
1/4 t baking powder
2 t vanilla extract
1 T Stevia, or more to taste
1/3 c dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  The first step of this recipe is to rinse and drain the chickpeas.  Be sure to dry them off pretty good as well, so there is not any extra moisture when it is put into the food processor.  I food processed the chickpeas pretty well first to get as smooth of a batter as possible.  Also, if you're making a double batch like I did, make sure to use the big bowl.  I started with the smaller food processor, and it got way too full.

Blend in all of the other ingredients except the chocolate chips.  I stirred in the chocolate chips; however, I would suggest sprinkling them on top.  When I poured the batter into the 8 x 8 greased pans, the chocolate chips kind of all sunk to the bottom, so I would sprinkle them on top instead!


My double batch made 2 8 x 8 pans.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Cut into 16 slices and enjoy!  I calculated these babies out to be about 73 calories a square and they were super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment