Monday, August 26, 2013

Soft Coconut Choco-Cookies by VMFitness

This was another Instagram recipe find, and it turned out to be absolutely delicious!  These are right up there with the Jazzythings chickpea cookies!  So good!  @VMFitness has so many delicious recipes, and she is a Quest bar lover like myself!  I brought these as one of the goodies for my overnight on Saturday, and they seemed to be the crowd favorite of the two.

Ingredients for a double batch of 24 cookies:
2 large ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 T almond flour
6 T coconut flour
4 T unsweetened almond milk
2 T melted coconut oil
2 t baking powder
1/2 c chocolate chips

I started out by blending up the bananas in my Ninja, so that they were mashed up to a smooth consistency.  Then, I added each ingredient following in order and pulsing the Ninja to mix it up.  Once it was all blended together, I mixed in the chocolate chips.

Since VMFitness said that a single batch of the recipe would make 12 cookies, I did not use my scooper like I normally do.  Instead I just spooned them out until I had 24 cookies.

Bake at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.  I baked mine for 10-12 though, because I felt like they were too mushy after only 8 minutes.

If you love banana and chocolate chips, these are a must try.  They don't taste like your average chocolate chip cookie.  They are very moist, but they have a lot of flavor too!

No comments:

Post a Comment