Monday, August 26, 2013

Chocolate PB Protein Cookies by Jazzythings

Let me start out by saying that my cookies did not turn out anything like Jazzythings described or pictured on her Instagram with her original post of the recipe.  They were quite dry, which I am thinking may have been caused by the type of protein powder I use.  My protein powder has an exceedingly large scoop, so I may have ended up using a lot more than necessary.  It could have been because I substituted oat flour for almond flour as well, but I didn't have enough almond flour and didn't want to spend $11 on another bag.  I also felt that I needed to add more peanut butter to mine.  Other than those two things, the flavor was really good.  I had one as a post workout snack today with my protein shake, and it was delicious with the almond milk.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c almond flour or I substituted oat flour
4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white
1 t vanilla extract
1/4 c honey
1/2 c unsweetened natural applesauce
Peanut butter


Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor.  I used my Ninja.  Make sure you have a food processor bowl that is big enough.  I tried to use the smaller food processor inner bowl, but it didn't all fit.  So I had to transfer it to the XL food processor bowl.

Scoop out portions of batter onto a greased cookie sheet.  I used my scooper and put a whole scoop down for each cookie first with about 6 cookies on a sheet.

Jazzythings describes the next step as making little bird's nests in the cookie batter for the peanut butter, but I just kind of scooped it on top.  My batter was sticky, but it was not thick enough to make a bird's nest of sorts.  I measured out about 1 t of peanut butter per cookie, but they definitely needed more.

Next, add more cookie batter on top to cover the peanut butter so that the peanut butter becomes like a filling in the cookie.

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.  Each new sheet I baked for less time to try to avoid the dryness, but it didn't help.  So I'm guessing it's an ingredient problem rather than a baking time problem.  The batter tasted amazing though too, and it could have definitely been used as an ice cream topping of some sort.
Now go give these cookies a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment