Tuesday, September 3, 2013

LiveFit Trainer Phase 3 Day 57

Guess what!!!  It's Phase 3!!
Before I talk about day 57, I will talk briefly about the ideas behind phase 3.  Phase 3 combines weightlifting, high intensity interval training, and plyometrics.  All of the workouts include supersets and/or active rests.  An active rest means that rather than resting between sets of an exercise, you do some sort of plyometric or cardiovascular exercise like jump roping, burpees, squat jumps, or ab work.  The combination of exercises in such a way keeps your heart rate up and running to burn as much fat as possible.  Then on top of all of those heart pumping exercises, every day but leg days adds in high intensity interval training, which is a fancy way of saying you're going to do sprints (30 seconds on/30 seconds off).  The exercises are more specified to body parts, and once I get into week 10, I will begin carb cycling, which I will definitely describe in more detail when I get to that point.

Day 57's workout was Quads and Calves, a.k.a LEG DAY!!!  Let me just tell you that this workout was intense.  The workouts are also getting longer.

Throughout the whole thing, I was sure that the devil had created this workout, because I was dying!  However, after the workout was over, I felt absolutely AMAZING!  I was so proud of myself for finishing it!

I brought my own jump rope to the gym with me, because I didn't exactly know where the jump ropes were in my gym and didn't want to go searching for them.  I did have to lower some of my weights, since the reps were a lot higher than what I've been doing with these workouts.  Going from 8 reps to 15, 20 or 30 really drops the weight down.

I have not necessarily set any goals for the end of the trainer as yet.  I know that with these workouts I will definitely be using weight if I stay on point with my diet.  I may not meet my original goal of 125 pounds, but I am hoping to be in the 130's.

My main goal for this week is to complete all of the workouts and keep my diet on point with no slip ups even with an overnight mid week, because I am having another cheat day on my rest day this week.  My friends and I made plans to go to Olive Garden after phase 2 ended back when I completed Warrior Dash.  Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant, and I can't wait to go.  However, I want to put my all into this week, so I can deserve such a delicious cheat meal.  Then after that it is 3 more weeks left.  I already have plans to celebrate with my cousin in Columbus once my trainer is complete as well!

Have a great week everyone!  I can't believe I've made it to 3000 views!  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment