Monday, May 20, 2013

Jazzythings Chickpea PB Cookies

I have a feeling that I am going to be trying a lot of @jazzythings recipes, because they always seem to turn out amazing!  I'll admit that I was a little weary about trying this one because of the base ingredient, and even though they didn't seem to turn out like hers, the taste was still amazing.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. no salt added chick peas
1/2 c. natural peanut butter
1/4 c. honey (I used agave nectar)
1 t. baking powder
2 1/2 t. vanilla extract
Organic dark chocolate chips



Drain, rinse and dry chick peas.  In order to dry them, simply pat with a towel.  (I think this is where I screwed my recipe up a little bit.  My dad couldn't find canned no salt added chick peas in the store, so he got bagged chick peas that had to be reconstituted in water.  I left them to soak overnight, but I think they probably needed to soak a little longer.  It didn't seem to matter how many times I blended them up; there were still chunks.)  Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor until it forms a dough.  Stir in some chocolate chips.  I used about three tablespoons.


Jazzythings's recipe says that your should be able to roll the dough into balls to put onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  My dough turned out to be a little bit more runny and didn't roll into balls.  Instead I used a small scooper to evenly scoop out the cookies onto the tray.  I love my little scooper!  Perfect portion sizes!




Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.  My batch made about 32 cookies.  Even though it didn't turn out the same as the recipe stated, they still made my kitchen smell fantastic while they were baking.  The taste was also really good; I couldn't stop eating them!  I just wish the texture had been better, but maybe that will change if I use canned chick peas instead of reconstituted ones.


Macros per cookie:
48.6 calories
1 gram of fat
9 grams of carbs
2 grams of dietary fiber
4 grams of sugar
2 grams of protein

I will definitely be making these again, and I will let y'all know how they turn out the second time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment