Thursday, May 23, 2013

Broccoli Cauliflower Pizza Crust Take Two

Alright, I said I would try it again, and I did.  Same ingredients and steps as last time, which you can see in my original entry Broccoli Cauliflower Pizza Crust; however, this time in order to make the crust a little more crispy, I separated the dough into four small pizzas instead of one big one.


Using a 1/3 measuring cup, I scooped out the dough and placed it on a greased cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil, pressing it into small circles.  Because the pizzas are smaller, I only needed to cook them for 20 minutes.  They got all golden brown and delicious looking!!

I think the smaller pizzas make it easier for portion control too.  I found that I used less toppings.  I used 1/16 c. Hunt's Tomato Sauce, 1 slice of tomato, 2 oz. of chicken breast, portobello mushrooms, spinach, red pepper, and mozzarella cheese.  After topping, I put it bake in the oven for about 5 more minutes.  Seasoned with a little bit of garlic powder and oregano.


Yum!!  Yum!!  Seriously if you haven't tried this yet, DO IT!!!  It's so good!!!

One whole pizza with the toppings I used is only 198 calories! The juice from the tomato slices does make the crust a little bit more difficult to pick up, so I would also suggest putting them on the top or omitting them.  I just really like fresh tomatoes on pizza!

2 comments:

  1. I love you you tried this recipes because I've been meaning to make it, but I was nervous. I'll have to add it back to my list.

    ReplyDelete