Friday, May 17, 2013

Jazzything's Brownies

This recipe comes from the amazing Instagram of @jazzythings.  I have used a couple of her recipes, and they are always amazing!  She is truly an inspiration.  If you have an Insta, you should go follow her!

I did make a couple of substitutions to her original recipe based on what I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1 medium avocado (Crazy right?)
3 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/3 c. honey (I used agave nectar.)
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder

Scoop out the insides of the avocado.  You obviously don't want to eat the pit or the skin.  My avocado wasn't as ripe as it should have been, so it was very difficult to scoop out and separate.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  If you're like me and struggle to separate the egg white from the egg yolk, there are some pretty cool kitchen contraptions that can help remedy this situation.  I will take a picture of mine and add it to the Kitchen Tools page.  Blend together all ingredients with a food processor or blender.

The batter was runnier than I thought it would be, but I think that may have been because my avocado was smaller and not very ripe.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Pour batter into an 8 x 8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil, like Pam.  Place in oven and cook for roughly 30 minutes.


That's it!!  Easy peasy!  Keep an eye on it while it is baking in case your oven cooks differently than mine.


I cut mine into about 16 small pieces and calculated the macros using myfitnesspal.

Macros per serving:
51.3 calories
2.5 grams of fat
7.5 grams of carbs
2.1 grams of dietary fiber
4.7 grams of sugar
2.1 grams of protein


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment