Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jazzythings's Black Bean Brownies

Oh look another dessert recipe!!!  Have I mentioned that I have a ridiculous sweet tooth?  'Cause I do!  I have tried another Black Bean brownie recipe that turned out absolutely disgusting and have been wanting to try another one, so when @jazzythings posted her version on Instagram, I knew I had to try it.  I'm still not completely sold on the black bean brownies and will continue to experiment with them but crumble these up in a little bit of Plain Greek yogurt and you have yourself a pretty amazing snack!  I tested them out on my coworkers too, and everybody said nothing but good things.  Although they may have just been being nice! lol

Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz.) low sodium black beans
1/3 c. melted coconut oil
2 whole eggs (I didn't have any whole eggs, so I used liquid egg whites.  I would suggest using whole eggs though.)
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. coconut sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. baking powder
1/3 c. oats
Pinch of salt


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

To begin with, drain and rinse your black beans really well.  I swished mine around under the faucet in a strainer until the water ran clear.  Jazzy processes everything together at one time, but I thought that the biggest problem with the black bean brownies I made the last time was that the black beans didn't process enough.  Therefore, I processed the beans by themselves first before adding the rest of the ingredients.


Combine all of the ingredients until smooth.  Pour into an 8 x 8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!


Macros per square (makes 16):
105 calories
5 grams of fat
15 grams of carbs
3 grams of dietary fiber
8 grams of sugars
3 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment