Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jazzy's Chickpea PB Cookies Take Two

I loved the flavor of these cookies the first time that I made them, but I knew they didn't turn out right.  In Jazzy's description of the procedure for making the cookies, she said they should hold their form as balls, but my batter was a lot more runny.  I figured this was most likely due to the fact that I used reconstituted chick peas rather than canned ones like the recipe called for.

Therefore, I had to try them again with the correct ingredients this time!  And guess what?!  They turned out absolutely amazing!  Even my brother said they tasted good, and he usually does not like my healthy cooking.

Here are the ingredients again.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. no salt added canned chick peas/garbanzo beans
1/2 c. natural peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter and Co. Smooth Operator which is delicious!)
1/4 c. honey (I used Nash Brothers Organic Rain forest Honey.)
1 t. baking powder
2 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. butter extract (Initially I couldn't find this in my local grocery, but you may substitute it for another 1/2 t. vanilla extract.)
About 8 T. organic dark chocolate chips

The first time I made these, I blended everything in the extra large food processor bowl, but this time I decided to use the smaller bowl-in-bowl feature of my Ninja to really get the blade through the mixture.

Blend all of the ingredients up, except the chocolate chips.  When it is blended, it should be thick and kind of fudge like.  I disassembled everything, including the blade, and mixed in the chocolate chips.

Then I used my little scooper for portion control and scooped them all onto greased baking sheets.  I got about 28 cookies, but you could almost use half a scoop, smash them down and make double that.  Jazzy was right they do hold the ball form, so if you wanted to make them look more like cookies, I'd smash them down and lessen the baking time.

Bake at 350 F for about 10 minutes.  If you smash the cookies flatter, you probably won't need as much time to bake.

These babies were absolutely amazing with some Peanut Butter and Co.  Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter on top as well.  Oooey gooey amazingness!

Macros per serving (makes 28 cookies):
69 calories
3 grams of fat
9 grams of carbs
2 grams of dietary fiber
5 grams of sugar
3 grams of protein

I cannot wait to make these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment